Thursday, January 1, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

Happy 2009 to you.
May you seek to know God more this year than ever before. May you be bold in your faith and your witness. My God cause His face to shine upon you and give you peace in 2009 and for the rest of your days.

Father this is a day You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Today starts a new year. A time to move forward or a time to stay stuck. Father I ask that each reader of these words will have a burning desire to move forward. Pastor Kent says that the color for the year is green and green means go. Go forward with Your guidance. He compared a new year as a river flowing down stream, it never stops and encouraged us to be like a river flowing constantly never stopping as You lead guide and direct us. Well, Father, I don't know about the color or the river but this one thing I am confident of....this one thing I know. I don't know what 2009 will bring but my confidence and trust is in You and You know what 2009 holds. No New Years resolutions will I make but to continue to seek after You. To know You....to experience You....to listen to You....to go where You lead....to be willing to speak as You direct and give the words.

Father....if there is anything within me that isn't pleasing to you, I'm sorry. Reveal my offenses so I can turn from them. Be gentle with Your correction. Thank You for hear and answering my prayer. In Jesus' holy, precious & powerful name I pray. Amen.

3 comments:

Debra said...

And green is my favorite color! God bless you all and thank you for these wonderfully, sweet devotions.

Tiz said...

Great post, JC.
I am believing the year of 2009 will be our best year yet as we focus on our King and not on circumstances around us.

Love you, Bethy

j said...

AMEN. I want to be bold in my witness in 2009.

And your prayer was beautiful. Very heartfelt. Love you JC!