Thursday, January 15, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

PRAISE...a sacrifice?

I've never considered praise a sacrifice. However, Hebrews 13:15 (NIV) says, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name."

When would it be a sacrifice to praise God? I began to ponder this verse. Then I realized praise would indeed be difficult when:
  • the prognosis is bleak
  • your job is gone
  • the car breaks down
  • there is more month than money
  • the car repo man comes to visit
  • the bank forecloses on your home
  • the credit card company doubles your interest rate for no reason
  • your boss is unreasonable
  • you lose a spouse, parent or child to death
  • your spouse announces he/she never loved you
  • friends walks away
  • church leaders call evil good
  • when war comes too close to home

You can add to the list.

Yes there are times when life is so overwhelming that prayer is difficult much less praise but I believe we get the Father's attention when we praise Him in the mist of whatever circumstance we are walking through.

Whatever your burden, whatever your crisis, whatever your sorrow lay it down at the foot of cross and offer to God the sacrifice of praise through Jesus.

Father, Holy is Your name. I come to You offering You praise, honor and glory for You alone are worthy of my praise and adoration. Father all that I am and I all I will ever be is wrapped up in You. Father, I lift up the one reading this prayer that is fallen, broken, grieving, in sorrow so crushing she/he can hardly breath. Father, show yourself strong on their behalf as they surrender all to you. Provide for their every need. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

j said...

Such a wonderful post!! I hope you like the new changes. I can make it look exactly like it did and I can make it look totally different!!

Lost the sidebar photos from Christmas. And I lost the text under each of your pictures. I can fix all of that.

Be blessed!

Jen

Tiz said...

JC, this is a very powerful, timely post!!!

Yes, Praise is a sacrifice at times. No matter the occasion for Praise it always lifts the spirit of the praiser!!!!

Love you, Bethy