Friday, July 31, 2009

POSITIVE DAY


I was thrilled when I was made aware of the fact that bloggers were observing July 31st as POSITIVE Day. Now that is my kind of day!!!


"Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, Rejoice" Phil. 4:4


My Father would not have told me to "rejoice" if I had nothing to rejoice about. Rejoicing is as positive as you can get!!! I can rejoice when all around me seems to be coming apart because I am rejoicing in HIM. When I am "abiding in Him" there is just no place for anything negative.


Why would we ever want to be negative when there is so much to be positive about? Being negative just takes too much of our energy. Just think about what it does to the people around us.


Think of the blessings we receive daily. When I awakened this morning I could get out of bed, I could walk, I had a bathroom to walk to and I could hear the birds singing outside my window. I could enjoy chatting with my husband before I left for work.


I choose to be positive today!!!!


"Father, I thank you for all your blessings which you have given me. I pray that each person reading this post today will choose to count their blessings and have a positive day. In Jesus joyful name I pray." Amen

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

And who wants to be around negativity anyway? You won't find me there!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Beautiful!!!

Dianne said...

negativity does take up so much energy

lovely post :)

Princess Hairstyles said...

Yay for bathrooms and birds singing! Great post. :)

Ronnica said...

There really is so much to be positive about. I think too often I get bogged in worrying and what's going wrong in my life (and that's really relative, most of the time). But, oh, how much we have to rejoice in! Thank you for the reminder.

Kristin - The Goat said...

What a lovely positive post. :) I try nearly every day to turn my negative thinking into positive. I'm amazed at how difficult that task is sometimes...but always worth it!

Travis Cody said...

I'm here from Jen's linky.

It is the small bright things in our lives that add up to big shiny lights.

Happy Positive Day!

JC said...

Great post. How can we not be positive with all our rejoicing over our great God and King Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Positive Day post. I enjoyed it. Happy Positive Day, 2009 :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome...hmmm, I wish I had thought to use that verse in mine...lol. Absouletely adore Jennifer's blog and yours seems just as good!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
The saying that "great minds think alike" is certainly true regarding Positive Day. It is wonderfully exciting how Diva Daughter has caught the vision as well in 2009. Actually Positive Day was conceived in writing on October 27, 2008 in response to my having created The Be Positive Do Something Positive Day in 2006. The individuals who are involved in the creation of Positive Day are all lovers and disciples of Jesus Christ as I am. Together we are communicating with and working with people from around the world to make Positive Day an internationally celebrated and recognized day for positive thought and events for people of all races, creeds, religions and spiritual persuasions, political affiliations, social status, ect. The date for Positive Day in 2010 is July 14. I am hoping that Diva Daughter will reach out to me so that we can discuss the possibilities as to how we can work together to make Positive Day an internationally recognized day in 2010. We look forward to hearing from anyone interested in Positive Day and discussing Positive Day 2010 with them. I can be reached at HaroldSays by email at harold@bepositiveday.com. I look forward to your response in the near future. Thank you. And remember, "Love wins!"