Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Total Surrender


“I have been crucified with Christ: and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me” Gal 2:20

In the Grace Walk study I discovered that life is not about me. The Grace Walk is all about Him and Him living His Life in and through me. In order for Him to live through me I saw that any and everything concerning me must be totally surrendered to Him.

Total surrender means to give Him permission to do anything He wishes to, with, in, or through me!!! Total surrender means I give up my will, my plans, hopes and dreams. I also give Him my family, my finances, my problems and my time. Everything concerning me must be surrendered to Him if I am to experience the Grace Walk.

Total surrender is the most freeing, satisfying, thing I ever did for myself. I have no desire to take back any “rights” I thought I ever had. Oh, the world, my flesh and satan all scream at me, saying “those are your rights, take them back”. I know better – I like being free!!!!

“Father, I praise you today as my source of Freedom and Peace. Thank you for setting me free from myself and all that entangled me. I pray that someone reading this post today will surrender all to you and experience real freedom. In Jesus freeing name I pray.” Amen

3 comments:

Debra said...

"Freedom from myself". Yes. I do need that.

JC said...

Wonderful post. I agree with Debra.

j said...

Bryan is reading Grace Walk right now and I will read it after him. I am looking forward to the message of that book - hungry for it actually.

Thank you for this post Tiz. It has really blessed me this morning.