Thursday, July 9, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

It is no secret that I have issues, many issues, but the issue I'm talking about is temptation. Don't be looking down your nose at me. I would not be a bit surprised if you don't have some issues to. Some temptations are easy to spot like lusting over someone or drinking or doing drugs (legal and illegal) but some you don't hear mentioned much from the pulpit. One issue taunts me every day. Want to know what I struggle with? I knew you would. It is food. Food the lust, desire, craving, calling of it to me has plagued me for 50 years. However, I didn't realize that my addiction to food (sugar and starches and fried anything) is just as wrong as any other addiction.

Food has/does have a place inside me that it should not have. It has become a stronghold. I was thinking along these lines when I opened my "His Princess" book by Sheri Rose Shepard to page 67. It reads, "Temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When You are tempted. He will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it." I Corinthians 10:13

WOW, God is faithful.

So what is your issue, don't tell me tell Him.

Father, God, Holy is Your name. How awesome You are to be mindful of me. You send me just what I need to see when I need it. Thank You for letting me know that I can stand up to any temptation because Your word says I can. Thank You! Father in the name of Jesus of Nazareth break the stronghold that food has had on my life. Father I pray for anyone reading this post that may be battling with addictions of any kind. Your word says You will not tempt us beyond what we can stand up to and you won't give us a burden to heavy to bear. You are faithful even with we are faithless. THANK YOU! In Jesus' precious, powerful and perfect name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

j said...

Me too JC.

I needed to read this post - it ministered to me in a mighty way. God is dealing with me on some things right now. It doesn't always feel good to have to face those issues but how precious it is to know that He wants more for me and that He will accomplish these things through me.

Love you!

Tiz said...

Just remember, my sweet sister, your circumstances, your issues, are not your identity. Your identity is totally wrapped up in Jesus Christ who Himself is our victory over temptation.

Love you,
Bethy