Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Showing God's Grace

Last week I posted about The Grace Walk - Jesus living His life in and through me. My Grace Walk is receiving and walking in His Grace - His unmerited favor.

My Grace Walk also includes showing Grace to those around me. Friends, sometimes the only way we can do this is to focus on the fact that Jesus is living his life through us. Jesus is the one showing Grace. We are only extending the Grace that has been extended to us.

Grace stoops down and embraces the unlovely. Grace is not pointing out another's faults and failures. Grace points out their strengths and accomplishments.

"This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you." John 15:12
"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another" 1 John 4:11

Love that reaches up is adoration.
Love that reaches out is compassion.
Love that stoops down is Grace.

"Father, I thank you that you have provided a way for me to show unmerited favor to anyone who comes across my path. You have provided Yourself. I pray that each person reading this post will focus on You and allow your Grace to flow through them. In Jesus Gracious Name, I pray." Amen

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This was a very powerful post.

Thank you.

JC said...

Great post Tiz, worthy of being the only post of the week. Grace, Grace, God's Grace, truly Amazing