Thursday, August 20, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC


A rainbow is special. I don't know anyone who doesn't marvel when they see a rainbow.

Rainbows are mentioned 4 times in scripture. Genesis 9:8-16 in the story of Noah, God told Noah that the rainbow would be a covenant between Him and the earth that He would not destroy the earth with water again. I noticed God didn't tell Noah that when Noah or his family saw the rainbow to remember but that He (God) would remember when He saw the rainbow from Heaven. Don't you wonder what the rainbow would look like to God? I do.

In Ezekiel 1:28, Revelation 4:3 and Revelation 10:1 the rainbow is associated with God's glory.

I can't help but think of God's goodness when I see a rainbow. It doesn't matter how tired I am or what may be stressing me at the time, when I see a rainbow it is as if God is putting on a show just for me.

Now I know the science behind rainbows and they can be explained away but truth to me is, I don't see rainbows every day so when I do I feel incredibly blessed. This was the case yesterday when I saw the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen. It had been a very long, stressful, tiring day. Braces were put on my upper teeth yesterday. When I saw the rainbow, my spirit did a happy dance. I got out of my car and just stood and marveled at its beauty. A special gift from the One who loves me.

Father God, how awesome You are. I don't have the words to express to You how blessed and favored I felt when I saw the rainbow yesterday. You knew I needed to know You were close and in control and You know exactly how to get my attention and speak to my heart. Thank You! You work all things together for my good and Your Glory. How awesome You are. Father, I ask if any one reading this post needs to know Your close by, send them a rainbow. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen

4 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, this is a very precious post. No, I had never thought about what God sees when He looks at a rainbow.It must be just awesome!!

His Glory - now, I think that is what I see when I see a rainbow.

Love You,
Bethy

Connie T. said...

Beautiful rainbow.

Deb said...

Love this post!

And this blog.

Sweet dreams.

j said...

This was an amazing post. I love the scriptural references for rainbows and your personal testimony of God sending one for you to see when you'd had a tough day.

love you!

Jen