Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Abiding in Christ

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me.” John 15:4

What does it mean to Abide in Christ. The word “abide” means to “rest, remain, or continue in.” I must abide in Him if I am to experience the Grace Walk.

If I am abiding in Him, then I am resting, remaining and continuing in Him. Friends, there is no short-cut, no substitute, for the quiet rest of abiding in Him daily, minute by minute. You see, it is living from the inside out because the abiding life is a God-Centered Life. It is a life where we spend time with Him in His Word and in prayer, not because we have to, but because we want to. It is a life where we go to bed with Him on our hearts. We wake up with Him on our mind and in our thoughts. We walk with Him and we talk with Him.

I like using my imagination and just imagine Him holding me in His arms while He tells me how much He loves me and how special I am to Him.

As I walk, clean house, iron, weed and dead head my flowers or whatever I am doing, I can be affirming who I am in Him and who He is in me. I affirm that I am a Child of the Most High God. I am complete in Him. I am clothed in His Righteousness and I am a partaker of His Divine Nature!!! There I go typing myself into the Glory Zone again!!!!
To be continued next week………

“Father, I praise and worship you for who you are today. I thank you for the privilege of abiding in Christ. What a rest!!!! Bless each person reading this post today with an assurance of Your presence in their life. In Jesus Abiding Name, I pray.” Amen

2 comments:

j said...

"...whatever I am doing, I can be affirming who I am in Him and who He is in me." Precious.

I hope to start my day with Him on my mind like you described. I want to ABIDE in Him when I start my day later on (I've got to go to bed). This is the last thing that I am going to read before I go to sleep - resting... and abiding... in Him.

Love you Tiz!

JC said...

Awesome post. Not so complicated but so hard for some to do.