Sunday, October 18, 2009

SUNDAY FAVORITES


Chari hosts SUNDAY FAVORITES weekly. It is an opportunity to look back through those archives and select a post to re-publish.

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ post published 10/21/08

Focus on Him

Isaiah 26:3 reads "thou wilt keep him in Perfect Peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee"

We are living in a time when our minds are so bombarded with troubling news and circumstances that Perfect Peace seems unreachable (you read the same newspapers and listen to the same news programs I listen to). But God's Word tells us He will keep us in Perfect Peace if our mind is focused on Him. Why? Because when our minds are focused on Him we are trusting in Him. We are trusting ourselves to Him no matter what the circumstances are.

Will focusing on Him change circumstances and conditions around me? Probably not, because the circumstances and conditions around me are usually beyond my control. I do not ignore the conditions around me but I do not focus on them. I focus on Jesus, as The Way, The Truth and The Life. Jesus Christ himself is our Perfect Peace!!!!!

"Father, thank you for providing a way for me to have Perfect Peace by focusing my mind on you. I pray that every person reading this blog today will experience You as their Perfect Peace. I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus, my Perfect Peace. Amen"

No comments: