Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Call 911

Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty"

Psalm 91 is one of my favorite scriptures....I hope you will take the time to read the entire Psalm. It speaks of the security of the one who trusts in the Lord.

The first time I remember reading this Psalm was the morning of my Mother's funeral some twenty two years ago. This was a very painful time in my life and I knew I had to have help if I was to make it through that day. It was early in the morning when I got my Bible and "just happened" to turn to this Psalm. Now, friends, I continued to grieve but I knew comfort in the midst of my grief.

Psalm 91:1 is my 911 for Spiritual help!!!!

I promise you that if my body is bleeding I will pick up the phone and call 911 but if my innermost being is bleeding I will turn to Psalm 91:1.

"Father, I thank you that you always tenderly lead your children to the portion of your Word that will meet our need at that moment. I pray for someone reading this post today that needs a Word from You. Father, guide them to that special verse you have just for them today. In Jesus name, I pray." Amen

2 comments:

j said...

This was such a valuable post. Thanks for leading us to that specific scripture.

Have a great day Tiz!

JC said...

Wonderful post.