Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" (continued)


Last week I referred to this hymn in my post and I have hummed it off and on all week. One little problem, I did not know all the words so, as my post this week, I thought I would post the words for you...and for me. Let these words sink deep into your spirit and truly trust Him.


'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"
.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
.
Oh. how sweet to trust in Jesus.
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
.
Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus.
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
.
I'm so glad I leaned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
.
This song was written in 1882 by Louisa M.R. Stead, shortly after her husband drowned!!!! What a testimony of TRUST IN JESUS.

2 comments:

JC said...

WOW!!! Amazing how some of our most loved hymns come from terrible events, like "It is well with my soul"

Together We Save said...

I will be humming this one till church on Sunday when a new one gets stuck in my head. Hope you have a blessed Mother's Day.