Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

Walking in Forgiveness

"forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ's sake, hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32b

What does it mean to forgive as Christ forgave me?

1. He forgave me before I ask for forgiveness. The person I need to forgive may never ask for forgiveness.
2. He forgave me completely. I may not feel like it but I must "let it go completely". Who am I to hold another person captive if God set me free?

Forgiveness does not mean that I will forget but I will not remember with vengeance. When I forgive I release that person into the hands of a Loving God who said that "vengeance is mine, I will repay". Friends, that takes a great burden off me!!! Forgiveness does not mean that I will trust that person again but I can ask God to work in my heart and let me experience His Trusting Spirit. Now I am typing myself into the Glory Zone!!!

Freedom comes through forgiveness. I am free from bitterness and resentment. I am free from a "getting even" spirit . The memory may not be gone but I am free to experience inner healing. Friends, choose to forgive and enjoy your Victory Walk in Him!!!!

"Father, I thank you for my total forgiveness. I choose to walk in your forgiveness and to totally release anyone to whom the enemy would have me hold captive of unforgiveness. Father, if anyone reading this post today is struggling with unforgiveness, please set them free. In Jesus forgiving name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a blessed thing it is to know we're forgiven and to forgive others. It's a spiritual and mental release like no other!
Ohhh... now I'm typing myself into the Glory Zone with you. hee hee

j said...

"Father I thank you for my TOTAL forgiveness." I'm with Deb, I could wind up in the Glory Zone with the both of you!

Total... I'm still sitting here rejoicing over that word.

JC said...

Who am I to hold another person captive when God has set them free. WOW what an awesome statement. Who the Son sets free is free indeed. Now I'm rejoicing in the Glory Zone.

Together We Save said...

So glad we are forgiven!! Thanks for the sweet post and comments on my blog the other day!